Solar Power Systems
Solar Power Systems
OLIVIA specialises in the design and supply of grid-tied, off-grid and mini-grid solar systems. Our business model allows for installation, online monitoring and support in Southern Africa. The move to 100% clean energy is now possible and affordable for households and businesses.
We assist clients who are interested to obtain a loan. Solar systems are normally financed over 5 years. Depending on certain variables, such as the amount of energy storage needed in batteries, the monthly loan repayment could be similar or even less than the grid electricity cost.
Our preferred product for grid-tied systems is Solar Edge. The Solar Edge system has the following advantages over traditional string inverters:
- Module-level performance monitoring
- Cost-saving maintenance
- Per-module MPPT (thus maximum power from each module individually)
- Standard 12-year warranty on inverter and 25-year warranty on power optimisers
- Low-cost inverter replacement out of warranty
- Flexibility in design
- Enhanced safety features (the only inverter certified to IEC 60947 as a disconnection means and to VDE 2100-712)
- Better suited for future insurance requirements
Our preferred product for off-grid and mini-grid systems is Victron Energy. The system intelligently combines solar power, available battery power and grid power (if available) or generator power.
- Victron quality. Victron Energy was founded in 1975 and is a global market leader in off-grid, backup and island systems.
- The system is NRS097 (Grid Interconnection of Embedded Generation) compliant.
- All legal requirements are met to feed electricity back into the grid, where this is allowed by the local municipality or Eskom.
- Components are integrated and tested on our pre-manufactured wiring board. This enables plug-and-play installation on site. Our systems are distributed to clients all over Southern Africa and installed by local electrical contractors.
- The system is expandable over time.
- Remote monitoring.
Please view examples of our Solar Systems for more information and pricing.
In order for us to design and quote on a system that will meet your specific needs, we need some information. For larger commercial applications we prefer to log your electricity consumption over a period of time in order to obtain the daily consumption patterns. Alternatively complete our Solar Power Info form and we will send you an initial quotation based on the information provided.
Terms and conditions
Olivia Energy Solutions (“Olivia”) is a distributor of a variety of products. The Suppliers (producers and/or importers) of these products each have their own terms and conditions which are available upon request. If a product appears to be faulty, it is the client’s responsibility to return the product at their own cost to the business address of Olivia, who will return it to the Supplier to be dealt with as per the specified terms and conditions. Installation of all products is at the client’s own risk and must be done by a qualified person. It is the client’s responsibility to obtain approval from the utility and relevant authorities where applicable. Solar systems are designed as per information provided by the client, and its performance is subject to weather conditions and seasonal variations. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they understand the features and limitations of the system. All equipment remains the property of Olivia until paid in full.